how much

How much are you?
I don't mean to be rude.
But, really, how much are you? 
pay for something with money
everything is about money, as if we live for it. no, actually. no, we live for something that we must afford, with money. correct me if I'm wrong, I don't care.
look at you. I mean right now. what you wear, any clothes you wear in one time.

I sometimes do that.
from the T-shirt, trousers, skirt, jackets, robe, veil, shoes/slippers, even underwears. how I got it? sometimes I bought, sometimes I got. for T-shirt the second one I think the most often. you know I rarely buy T-shirt. better I buy shirt or some unique clothes. I can get T-shirt from anywhere, like from an event. besides, I usually only wear T-shirt as my sleeping clothes, or when jogging if it's long sleeve. so most of my T-shirts are free. lol

okay that's only one example. you can do the same with others. then, I sum them all to get the exact number and it surprise me sometimes. why? it's barely cheap. let me give you more example. my daily clothes when I got to college or work: IDR 300,000 for shoes, IDR 350,000 for robe, IDR 90,000 for veil, IDR 50,000 for underwears, IDR 20,000 for socks, IDR 30,000 for long underpants. yeah more or less I spent IDR 840,000 for anything I put on my body. wait, I haven't count my cosmetics and toiletries. can you imagine?

why must be that expensive... what we got from those expensiveness, luxury? happiness? or can we suddenly be really happy when others think we are rich, we are lucky, we are happy, our clothes are pretty high-priced? I don't think so. I think my appearance is not that luxury, or looks like high-priced. is it as should be? this reminds me at poem by Kurniawan Gunadi, entitle "Sederhanakanlah", make it simple.

simplicity is good. in this era, when we must think hard how to just eat, simplicity is good. we don't need a huge house to live together for 2 or 3 persons. we don't need many kinds of food to eat once, since our stomach is limited. we don't need so many clothes because what we can wear is only one, not all at once. we often make requirements in our life to make us happy, whereas actually not all of them we need.

then now unconsciously I wrote about happiness. can we actually be happy with those expensive things? maybe we better talk about it on another post. happiness is simple and at the same time it become a topic that require much space to talk. since everyone wants to be happy but not everyone get it. since happiness is a life destination, you realize it or not.

simplicity is not necessarily cheap. simplicity means we try to make everything in our life easier to live. maybe if you start to complain that we need vacation, we need to have some good clothes, some good shoes, ect. believe me, some of them, you don't need it. you want it. I don't mean to avoid any willingness. I'm sure still want to buy this or that, but I think better to always remind ourselves that our wants can wait. we are not child anymore that ask something to be accomplished directly as soon as possible.

and one more thing: less is more

after a deep talk
Ciputat
~dy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

rindu #2

could it be?

kejar